One of the benefits of shopping at Surplus Furniture & Mattress is the simplicity of it all. Our hassle-free and no-frills approach combined with our ability to offer a highly competitive pricing makes shopping at our stores a satisfying experience. At Surplus Furniture you won’t have to worry about hidden costs or even wonder who’s paying for all that fancy showroom displays with all the bells and whistles. What you see is what you get…and what you get is simply the lowest possible price on brand name good quality furniture.
But there’s more…Let’s face it--shopping is always better when you know you’ve received the best deal on the product you love. It’s even better when can walk into a store with a competitor flyer and know you are getting more than a price match. With our iSave Best Price Guarantee, shopping at Surplus Furniture couldn’t be better.
Here are a few things that you should know about our iSave Best Price Guarantee:
1. It’s a guarantee—This is not a gimmick. With iSave we stand by our promise to save you money on our in-stock merchandise.
2. We offer competitive pricing guaranteed. We will beat the in-stock advertised price of all local competitors by 5% - not just price matching you actually save 5%.
3. A flyer is all you need—Walk into our store with a local flyer (mobile or printed) and our sales associates will take care of the rest.
4. We make it easier, convenient and hassle-free for you to shop with us. With our same day delivery on all in-stock items, 100% FREE layaway as well as our flexible payment and financing options, there is no reason not to shop at Surplus Furniture! We believe in providing the best customer service while making sure you save!
Wondering how you can save? Here are three ways you can:
1. Visit any of our store locations across Canada
2. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive deals
A bar stool is a type of tall chair, often with a foot rest to support the feet. The height and narrowness of a bar stool makes them suitable for use at bars and high tables in pubs or bars. Since 2010, bar stools have been becoming more popular in homes, usually placed at the kitchen counter or at a home bar. Bar stools are becoming more popular in homes because they are available in varied styles. As well, bar stools allow for a higher view when eating, drinking, or socializing.
People sitting on stools seem to be much more lively and talkative. Whether at a bar in your basement or around the centre island in your kitchen, bar stools create a casual, relaxed mood. Adding counter stools or bar stools can add a lot of energy to a home. They are well suited for cocktail parties and holiday gatherings when no one wants to establish themselves in one location too long but might want to get off their feet for just a moment. Fortunately, the many styles and colours of stools at Surplus Furniture lets you easily find one that are right for you, regardless of your home's decor.
- Choose the Right Height: Getting stools that are the right height is crucial. If the bar stool is too short, your arms won't rest comfortably on the counter. If the stool is too tall, your legs won't fit under the counter. The ideal height of stool seats is 10 to 12 inches shorter than the height of the counter or bar at which they will be used.
- Choose the Right Materials: Bar stools are typically made of wood or metal, but you can find some modern designs that are made of plastic. Wooden bar stools provide a traditional look. Metal stools tend to look more contemporary and sleek. Some metal bar stools are also adjustable in their height, which is a great feature for kids.
- Choose Whether or Not You Want Your Stools to be Upholstered: Most people find leather or fabric upholstered stools more comfortable to sit on, but the softer materials used in upholstering a chair tend to be less durable than solid materials.
- Choose The Right Design: Stools have several features that you should consider. Many bar stools swivel, although others are stationary. Stools with backs and arms give a more secure feel and a bit of safety for kids. Most bar stools have four legs that form the base, but some stools have a large centre column with a wide base. Footrests can increase comfort if you will be sitting for longer periods of time.
Shopping for dining room furniture is one of the things some people often don't give enough attention to. As long as there is a place to eat your meal...that's all that matters right?... It's actually the other way around. The dining room is an integral part of a home. This is the place where family and friends gather together particularly on special occasions. To make dining a pleasurable one, it is very important for the room to be stylish and comfortable.
When we talk about furnishing the dining room, the most important thing to consider is the focal point of the space, which is the dining table. As you search for which to buy, remember the following:
Before you place rugs, fixtures, and wall art put the table shape into perspective. This would balance out all the other shapes that you are going to put in your room. Here are some of the shapes and how its effects to the room.
Most common and considered as the gold standard of dining tables. It usually sits 2 or more on each side and a single head on both ends. This works well in a long and narrow room.
This has a more intimate touch and is ideal for corners and small rooms. This is highly recommended if you want to conserve floor space. You can usually fit more people because it has no corners.
This could have the sitting capacity of a rectangular table but it has softer edges and are more unique and elegant.
Modern and convenient choice and is also advisable for small spaces particularly square rooms. The challenge however (just like circle tables) the bigger the size, the harder it is to reach for the food.
Think about the size of the room and the number of people who would often be dining together in this table. There should be an uninterrupted pathway around the table when the chairs are pulled out. The average distance between the table and the walls should be around 42-48 inches. If there are other furniture in the dining space, begin the measurement from the edge of the furniture instead of the wall.
Don't forget to drop by the nearest Surplus Furniture location in your area. We carry 3 to 7-piece dining room sets that fits your family, style, and budget.
When was the last time your family sat together to eat (and I don’t mean in front of the TV!). Eating together at the table at least 3-4 times a week with good conversation flowing can mean significant benefits to a family’s health, well-being and relationships. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, meals together matter!
According to the Family Dinner Project some specific benefits for children and adults include:
●Better academic performance
●Greater sense of resilience
●Lower risk of substance abuse
●Lower risk of teen pregnancy
●Lower risk of depression
●Lower likelihood of developing eating disorders
●Lower rates of obesity
School, work and extracurricular schedules make it difficult for many families to find the time to sit together for a meal - society has become prone to multi-task, so eating on the go has become commonplace. However, with these tips from EDIS, family dinner time can become a part of the daily schedule!
- Put family meal time higher on the list of priorities. Being together is more important than the meal - dinner doesn't have to be extravagant to be good!
- Don't jump in - take it slow. Increase the number of family meals by one extra meal a week. Smaller steps will make it easier to implement and keep as part of the schedule.
- Get the whole family involved in the planning of meals. Getting the kids involved in the grocery lists and weekly menu gives them the chance to choose meals they enjoy, and gives them something to look forward to! Using weekly grocery store ads to design meals for the week and clipping coupons are also great ways to work together to keep costs down.
- Let children gather food needed for making the meal from the cabinets, pantry, or the refrigerator.
- Let children mix foods together or stir food in a pot with appropriate supervision. If the oven is needed, kids can set the temperature or prepare a salad.
- Ask your child to help set the table.
- Work as a family to clean up after dinner, making it fun!
- Select family-friendly recipes that give everyone an important task to do. This will teach children about the importance of family togetherness and team work, which helps the job get done faster.
- Design conversation cards. These cards can be used to start conversations at the dinner table just in case there is quiet time.
- Turn off the TV! Instead, use the time to talk about each other’s day.
If you need some more help getting started, there are some great tips and resources at thefamilydinnerproject.org that will get you and your family connecting one meal at a time!
At Surplus Furniture & Mattress, we carry a variety of styled dining sets for you to choose from. 3, 5 and 7 piece sets from brand names such as Signature Design by Ashley, United Furniture, Crown Mark and so much more! Brand name, brand new and quality you can trust! Make sure you come into our furniture warehouse and check out our entire dining line up..you won't be disappointed!
The dining room is the perfect place for us to sit and enjoy your friends and family's company. Sit and relax and have great conversations, Here at Surplus furniture is the place to find the perfect fit for you. Here are some great points when choosing your dinette set.
1. Choose your style, how many chairs? What colour? Regular height? or Pub style?
2. Do your measurements, Know what space you have. A rectangular dining table should be at least 36” wide, and it should be a minimum of 30” and up to 48” from the wall. This is very important as you need to make sure that there is still a room for you to move and to pull the chairs away from the table. You can choose metallic furniture or stick to the sleek and casual designs.
3. Lighting is very important as it sets the mood of the room. The rule of thumb is to place the dining table under the lighting and place your set under your light, by doing this you are able to picture the space you have available.
4. Even though you dinning room is for eating, that don't stop you from decorating . You can hang a painting or have a picture or even a family picture to show your family off. Don't do to much. Don't clutter, but enjoy.
Surplus Furniture and Mattress Warehouse always strives to create a fun and easy shopping experience for our customers! We realize that at times certain terms in our industry could cause some confusion. Hopefully the following examples of furniture terminology will be helpful when you are ready to make your next purchase.
Standard, Pub or Bar Height When you are shopping for dining room table sets the salesperson will ask you if you are looking for the regular height like the Crown Mark model#2155 or the pub height style model#2185. The pub dining tables are typically close to the same height as your kitchen counter top and the chairs are usually 24 inches from the floor to the seat. You may have a peninsula in your kitchen which has an extra height extension on the counter top which will require you to purchase bar height stools which measure approximately 29 inches from the floor to the seat like our 2398 bar stools from Monarch.
Dining Table Leafs There are different types of dining room tables available that are designed to save space like the removable leaf, extension leaf, drop leaf and butterfly leaf styles. The extension leaf usually has more than one leaf and tends to expand past five feet long. The drop leaf has sides that drop down and the butterfly leaf is hinged and folds underneath the table top for convenient storage. The term dinette usually refers to a dining set that is designed for a kitchen or small dining space and is usually packed all in one box like our model#1029 from Monarch.
Legs Vs. Pedestals Dining tables usually come with either 4 legs, pedestal legs or a pedestal base. Your style preference or the size of the table will determine which is the best choice for you. Pedestal legs are typically one solid post that branches off into four smaller legs and will often be found with extra long tables. Pedestal bases tend to look more like a box sometimes with a shelf and are usually associated with smaller sets like the pub height Crown Mark model 2727.
Dining Chairs There are several different types of dining room chairs available, each with their pros and cons as far as style, durability and comfort. Windsor back style chairs have been manufactured for hundreds of years and are aesthetically pleasing with their rounded seats, tapered and spindled backs and slanted legs. Many of the more popular dining chairs you will find now are in the contemporary style and have straighter lines for durability and are often padded for extra comfort like the Ashley model 0293.
Picking the right dinette...
Choices! Sometimes having more than one option can make selecting furniture more confusing than we like. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind before heading out shopping for your new dinette:
Standard Height: Table measures between 28"- 30" Tall.
Standard height tables are considered more formal than counter height tables and might be a better fit into a formal themed dining area because of this. Most people find standard height tables are more comfortable to sit at because their feet touch the ground while they are seated. This is especially true for seniors and those with circulation problems.
Pub Height: Table measures between 34"- 36" Tall.
Pub Height Tables are considered more casual, and make it easier to converse with others standing in the room. A Pub Height Table, with its additional height can be used near the kitchen for an additional prep area. They give the illusion of taking up less space than a lower table and can work well in small areas. Pub style dinettes create a more relaxed, casual atmosphere than sitting at a lower, more formal table.
Did you know... Pub Height refers to tables and is considered to be 36" high and is sometimes called counter height also! Bar height tables are usually 42" high. A pub or counter height stool, would be 24" high from the floor to the top of the seat. A bar height seat would be 30" from the floor to the top of the seat.
The dining room is the perfect place for us not just to enjoy food but also to have a conversation with our family and friends. It is such a functional room which needs our attention when it comes to decorating, so here are some tips we have gathered for you.
1. Space and proportion is one of the golden rules of decorating. You do not want a too big or too small table here. When dealing with a smaller space, oval or circular tables are the main options as the rounded ends maximize every available space.
Take a look at this Empire 5 piece dinette set which also has a storage base.
On the other hand, a rectangular dining table should be at least 36” wide, and it should be a minimum of 30” and up to 48” from the wall. This is very important as you need to make sure that there is still a room for you to move and to pull the chairs away from the table.
2. Choose the style you want. 2015 is all about metallic furniture but you still have options to stick to the sleek and casual designs.
3. Lighting is very important as it sets the mood of the room. The rule of thumb is to place the dining table under the lighting and have it at the center if possible. By doing this, you are creating a balance to the space available.
4. Even though the main purpose of the dining room is for eating, there is no stopping you from accentuating it. You can hang a painting or have framed photographs on the wall or have some plants and other decorative accessories around. Do not overdo this though. Again you would not want to clutter and restrict the movement around the table area.
Surplus Furniture has a wide selection of various furniture item's from Sofa & Loveseat Sets to Mattresses to Area Rugs and Lamps. But one of the best selections they have in the store are the Dinette Sets! Surplus Furniture has a wide range of Dinettes to choose from! They have all different styles and colours available with great contemporary and stylish modern looks.
Our Dinette Sets are made with a Malaysian hardwood that is very durable and made especially for every day hard usage, with laminated or wood tops that are powder coated to prevent scratches and chips. The dinettes are also very easy to keep clean. The marble tables are constructed with a very hard tough 1/4 marble veneer that won't show blemishes and can easily be used in a modern looking arrangement.
Every dinette we carry is made to be scratch and stain resistant; the bases and tables connected with quality fasteners and supports for extra durability. The chairs that go along with the table are built with top quality hardware with high density foam in the cushions. These dinettes are built well and made to last, and everyone loves the color, selection and sturdiness of our dinettes!
If you are looking for a new Dinette, you need to come down and take a look at our great selection. We have all kinds to choose from that are very affordable and long lasting. Every look and style you can think of! Hurry in today and get set up with a brand new Dinette Set!
See you soon!
Why shop at Surplus Furniture?
Surplus Furniture is a great place to shop for so many reasons:
• The number one reason to shop here is for the PRICE! Why pay regular retail when you can buy FACTORY DIRECT! Consumers are much savvier these days and want to save money wherever possible. If this sounds like you, then get ready for a great selection of home furnishings for an incredible price at Surplus!
Check out this great 2pc Sectional that is at an unbelivable LOW PRICE! The Radar Sand 2pc Sectional (7714 RS) is a casual piece with beautiful details. A neutral, light-tan fabric called Herculon covers this set - one of the most durable fabrics available. Herculon is tightly woven and can withstand spills, punctures, and more. Contrasting tubing and colorful accent pillows combine for a relaxed, yet sophisticated, look.
Feel confident purchasing this sectional knowing it will stand the test of time thanks to the use of high-quality materials in all aspects of construction. The frame is constructed with hardwood and is also hardwood braced to create a strong foundation. 8.5-gauge springs provide comfortable, stable seating and high-density foam cushions wrapped in recycled fiber maintain their shape over time.
• Surplus Furniture offers a wide range of quality bedroom collections from nationally recognized name brands you can trust. Matching sets offer dressers, mirrors, beds, chests and nightstands with prices you just can’t beat! Let’s not forget the mattresses. Surplus Furniture offers a wide variety of BRAND NAME mattresses starting at a VERY LOW PRICE!
• If it’s a dining room set you desire, we carry a variety of 3pc, 4pc, and 6pc sets both casual and pub style. Whether it’s transitional, rustic or contemporary, there’s sure to be a style that is just right for you!
• If you are looking to furnish your livingroom, family room or den, we have a vast selection of sofa and loveseat sets, sectionals, home theater seating and recliners. Let’s complete that livingroom with one of many accessories such as TV stands, wall units, area rugs, tables and lamps, all at unbeatable prices!
• If you are looking for something immediately, we’ve got you covered. Surplus Furniture offers SAME DAY DELIVERY which is not always common.
• If you are in need of home furnishings but not right away, take advantage of our absolutely FREE LAYAWAY PROGRAM. Simply pick out as many pieces as you will need, make payments and take pieces home as they are paid for! It's a great program but the best part is that there are NO fees tied to the product. You will get what you’ve paid for. On the other hand, if you are in need of the product right away but want to hang onto your money, take advantage of the “don’t pay for 1 year” financing.
Everyone loves new things! Why not treat yourself to something NEW at a price that will put a smile on your face. We hope to see you in one of our stores soon!