THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA (OTHER THAN RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Surplus Furniture Room Full of Furniture Giveaway (“Contest”) begins on August 16, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 20, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. ET ("Contest Period").
2. SPONSOR: Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse is the sponsor of this Contest (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The following eligibility requirements apply to you if you wish to nominate an individual as a nominee in this Contest (in which case you are a “Nominator”) or if you are nominated for consideration as a nominee (in which case you are a “Nominee”). This Contest is open to Nominators and Nominees who are residents of Canada (other than residents of Quebec) and who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence by the end of the Contest Period, except for employees (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor. By participating in this Contest, both the Nominator and the Nominee must agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations (“Rules”) and the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor. These Rules can be found on the Sponsor’s website at: www.surplusfurniture.com/en/contest (“Website”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter this Contest, a Nominator must complete the entry form regarding the Nominee on the Website at:
The Entry must include story about the Nominee of no more than 250 words clearly communicating why the Nominee is deserving of winning this Contest (“Essay”). The Entry and Essay are collectively referred to as the “Nomination”.
5. NOMINATION LIMIT: There is a limit of one Nomination per Nominator (IP Address) during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor, using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor, that a Nominator has attempted to: (a) submit more than one Nomination; (b) use multiple names, identities, email addresses; and/or (c) use any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest, then such Nominator may be disqualified from this Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. A Nomination may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, the Nomination fails to be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. Incomplete Nominations are not eligible. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or delayed Nominations, all of which are void. A Nominator is solely responsible for all charges from his/her wireless provider including any data and messaging fees that may be incurred in using mobile devices to enter this Contest or to receive communications from the Sponsor.
6. VERIFICATION OF ENTRY: All Nominations are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification: (a) for the purposes of verifying an individual's eligibility to participate in this Contest; (b) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Nomination entered, or purportedly entered, for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (c) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
7. THE PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There is one prize ("Prize") available to be won by the Nominee and one Prize to be received by the Nominator of the confirmed winning Nominee. The winning Nominee receives a Room Full of Furniture for the Nominee’s living room or other room approved by the Sponsor, which has an approximate value not to exceed $2,500. The Nominator of the confirmed winning Nominee receives a $500 in-store credit. In the event that the nominator is in the same household as the nominee, both prizes will not be awarded. If the winning Nominee or winning Nominator (collectively, “Winner”), as applicable, is located within a 10 km radius of one of our retail stores, then the delivery cost will be included. If the Winner is located outside of this 10 km radius, the delivery charges will not be included, and will be the responsibility of the Winner to pay. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual retail value of the Prize at the time of prize fulfillment and the approximate retail value of the Prize be awarded. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply: (a) a Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash except as may be specifically permitted by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) no substitutions except at the Sponsor's option; (c) the Sponsor reserves the right at any time for any reason to replace the Prize with a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor's sole discretion, a cash award; (d) style and other specifics of the Prize will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor and subject to availability in stock; (e) upon notification, each Winner will be required to personally arrange for pickup and delivery of the Prize from any of the our store locations to his/her place of residence within 15 days of being notified of winning the Prize; (f) the Prize will not be release until the confirmed Winner presents adequate personal identification in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification; and (g) confirmed Winner is solely responsible for all expenses that are not included in the Prize description above, including, but not limited to, cost of having the Prize picked up and delivered to his/her place of residence. The Prize will only be awarded to the Nominee and Nominator whose verifiable full names and valid phone numbers appear on the Nomination. Further, the Nominator may only receive a Prize only after the Nominee that he/she nominated is determined to be the confirmed winning Nominee under these Rules.
8. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: After the end of the Contest Period and on or before September 20th, 2019. ("Draw Date") in Barrie, ON at approximately 10:30 a.m. ET, one eligible Nominee will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Nominations submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject a selected Nominee if the Essay contained in the Nomination is inadequate to show the Nominee is deserving to win based on the Sponsor’s reasonable judgement. The winning Nominee will be selected from the Nominations, and once selected, the Nominee and his/her Nominator will not be eligible to win any other prizes from the Sponsor for the following 90 days. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Nominations submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three attempts to contact the selected Nominee and his/her Nominator, using the information provided on the Nomination, within 2 business day of the Draw Date. If the selected Nominee or Nominator cannot be contacted within 2 business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable then the selected Nominee may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Nominee from among the remaining eligible Nominations submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, in which case the foregoing provisions of this paragraph 9 shall apply to such newly selected Nominee.
10. WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS: BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected Nominee will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means or by telephone; (b) confirm acceptance of these Rules and that the Nominee is eligible to participate in this Contest under such Rules; (c) acknowledge acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (d) release the Sponsor and each of its officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (e) agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected Nominee: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) cannot confirm eligibility under these Rules; (c) cannot accept or is unwilling to accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, then such Nominee may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore, in case of disqualification for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Nominee from among the remaining eligible Nominations submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, in which case the foregoing provisions of this paragraph 10 shall apply to such newly selected Nominee.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Nomination become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Nominations and/or Nominees. ANYONE DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest Period; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Nomination or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrants or any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Nomination, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Nomination to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Nominator may be required to provide proof, in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest or to amend these Rules in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative or other error of any kind or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, time frames and/or other mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Nominator, Nominee or Nomination with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of this Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to the Nomination, Website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.