Rules and Regulations
Win $1,000 in Furniture Giveaway Contest
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA (OTHER THAN RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Surplus Furniture Win $1,000 in Furniture Giveaway contest ("Contest”) begins on Monday, August 9, 2021 at 9 a.m. and ends on Monday, August 30, 2021 at 9 a.m. EST Time ("Contest Period").
- SPONSOR: Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada (other than residents of Quebec) who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence by the end of the Contest Period, except for employees (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and Regulations (“Rules”) and the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor. These Rules can be found on the Sponsor’s website at surplusfurniture.com/back-to-school-giveaway.htm (“Website”).
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to obtain an Official Contest Entry Form ("Entry Form”) during the Contest Period, which are:
- Visit our Surplus Furniture official Facebook Page during the Contest Period and share the giveaway post with your friends and family.
- Visit our Surplus Furniture official Facebook Page during the Contest Period and post a comment on the giveaway post. Hopefully it’s a heartwarming message about the career path you have chosen.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To be eligible, your share and comment must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. All eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period will be entered into the random prize draw with one per day.
- ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one Entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor, using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor, that any person has attempted to: (a) submit more than one post a day; (b) use multiple names, identities, email addresses; and/or (c) use any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest, then such person may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, the comments are malicious in nature. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries, all of which are void.
- VERIFICATION OF ENTRY: All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification: (a) for the purposes of verifying an individual's eligibility to participate in this Contest; (b) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered, or purportedly entered, for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (c) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- THE PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one prize ("Prize") available to be won during the contest period. On August 31st, 2021, the prize will be a $1,000 in store credit for Furniture. There will only be one winner. Customers can enter once for a chance to win. Delivery charges excluded. Under no circumstances whatsoever will the Prize be convertible to cash. The Prize must be used within 12 months of issuance.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: After the end of the Contest Day in Barrie, ON at approximately 9:00 a.m. ET, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three attempts to contact the selected entrant through Facebook, using the information provided, within 5 business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within 5 business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable then the selected entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period for a Store, in which case the foregoing provisions of this section 9 shall apply to such newly selected entrant.
- WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS: BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means or by telephone; and (b) sign and return within 10 business days of notification the Sponsor's release form, which among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize, as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept or is unwilling to accept the Prize, as awarded, for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period at a Store, in which case the foregoing provisions of this section 10 shall apply to such newly selected entrant.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrants or any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest or to amend these Rules in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative or other error of any kind or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to the Entry Form, Website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.