You spend about a third of every day in bed. Whether that time is spent blissfully slumbering or tossing and turning depends a lot on your mattress.
Our mattress experts know a mattress can impact a person's sleep. One way that your mattress affects your sleep has to do with the network of fine blood vessels, called capillaries, that runs underneath your skin.
When you lie on any part of your body for an extended period of time, the weight of it reduces the flow of blood through those blood vessels, which deprives the skin of oxygen and nutrients. This causes nerve cells and pain sensors in your skin to send a message to your brain for you to roll over. Rolling over restores blood flow to the area, but it also briefly interrupts your sleep.
Ideally, a mattress that reduces the pressure points on your body should give you a better night's sleep. Yet the ideal mattress is different for each person.
Finding the right mattress isn't about searching out the highest-tech brand or spending the most money. A much more expensive mattress doesn't necessarily mean it's better. A high price tag is a product of both the materials that go into the mattress, and the marketing that helps sell it. Here at Surplus we know what's most important for you is a good night sleep without spending a lot of money.
We can help you find what you want in a mattress. Selecting a mattress is very personal. Some people prefer a firmer mattress; others favor a softer style. Although there isn't a lot of scientific evidence to prove that one type of mattress will help you sleep better than another, people with certain medical conditions do seem to rest easier on a particular mattress style.
Anyone with back or neck pain should take a Goldilocks approach to mattress buying: not too hard, and not too soft. "If you're on too soft of a mattress, you'll start to sink down to the bottom. But on a hard mattress you have too much pressure on the shoulders, and on the back of the head." "You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it," So why would you invest hundreds of dollars in a mattress without trying it out first? We encourage you to take any new mattress you're considering for a test nap. "People should not be embarrassed to go into a store and lay on a mattress for a few minutes."
So if you're looking for a good nights sleep at the best price come down to Surplus Furniture and take our brand name mattresses for a spin, you'll be glad you did!
Tired of your old mattress and looking for a new one that will suit your budget? Look no further, Surplus Furniture has a large and unique selection of Mattresses. We have a wide selection of mattress and different type of coil system from the basic Bonnel Coil to Pocket Coil System that is good for your back or if your a fan of Memory Foam, we have some selection depending on the size and thickness of the mattress that you need. Not enough budget? ...We have 100% Pre-Approved Layaway! No Credit Check Required! No Storage Fees! No Interest Fees! Price Protection! Hurry in today and make no payments or pay no interest for 12 months with our On-The-Spot Financing program.
Use the following tips when purchasing a new mattress! It will help you make an educated choice and help ensure your decision is the right one!
- Research online before going shopping. You want to be looking for the best bang for the buck!
- Talk to your doctor. If you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors are not sleep experts, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Know that firm mattresses aren't always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a difference between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren't for everyone. Very light-weight people don't need big thick pillow top mattresses because they don't weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 7 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Always get some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
Every year up to almost 50% of the population will suffer from back pain. If you want to avoid being one of the unlucky ones, you’ve got to start paying attention to the state of your mattress. A good bed, providing correct support and comfort, plays the most important role in easing and preventing back pain.
Here are some great tips to getting the perfect mattress for your back:
● Of course, a bed that’s supportive and comfortable is key, but remember that there’s no "one size fits all" when it comes to mattresses. It is important to remember that people’s requisites for support will differ depending on their weight and build.
● Try lying on the bed in all of the sleeping positions you tend to use, not only on your back. And make sure to try a selection of beds for comparison. Why not approach one of Surplus Furniture sales associate to help you choose a bed that’s perfect for you.
● Look for a supportive rather than a hard bed. Do not assume that firmer beds are the best option for you! Often a medium mattress with proper cushioning is generally better for your back.
● A bigger bed will be of benefit both those who suffer from back pain and also their partners.
● You should also think about the height of the bed. Can you get in and out of it easily? You might want to try out the mattress with the bed frame just to get the exact height right.
● Another thing to pay attention to is choosing the correct pillow. It must support the neck, keeping it in alignment with the rest of the spine. If you have too many pillows, your head will head lean forward or sideways however, too few pillows allows the head to tip backwards. Either way will create a crick in the neck.
Here at Surplus Furniture we pride ourselves in offering you, both new and continued customers, great quality home furnishing products that we stand behind with confidence, and attentive customer service techniques. Also, don't forget that with SAME DAY DELIVERY on all items that we have "IN STOCK" and anywhere in the city, your new furniture can be in your home TODAY!
From the modern, fashion forward piece, to the classic, test of time items that never go out of style, at Surplus Furniture we offer the widest selection in living, dining and bedroom furniture. Stop in and have a seat on one of our plush sofas or sink into your brand new sectional! Your choice of leather, fabric, or even one of our leather and fabric combinations! Choose from our wide selection of lamps, coffee & end tables and area rugs to match as you picture it in your home.
Keep it protected and kept looking new for years to come. Backed by full fabric, leather, and combo kit protection plans offered through Ultra Shield Furniture Care. With one of Ultra Shield's protection plans, you are granted peace of mind in knowing that any accidental scratches/scrapes, cuts, even liquid rings are FULLY COVERED and REPLACEABLE for the life of your WARRANTY.
Not looking to purchase a livingroom? We've also have a wide selection of dining tables and accessories to help you transform your living/ dining space from blank slate, to the finished masterpiece, or to compliment and add a finishing touch to your existing decor.
Our extensive mattress catalog includes the reputable quality and comfort of brands such as Serta, Signature, and Galaxy bedding. From Cooltech Memory Foam, to High density Foam... from Pillowtops, to pocket coils, we've got what you need to have a great night sleep!
Don't wait, come in today and try out the Estate, by Signature bedding... or the Valet Firm, by Serta.
For the comfy, yet firm sleeper, which features the traditional pillowtop functions but still firm enough for the firmest of mattress lovers, together with the health guard sheets (to protect against the transfer of harmful allergens in both your bed and pillows), Surplus Furniture and our product manufacturers are able to guarantee your night's rest, and piece of mind for the continued life of your investment. Also, choose from a wide array of bed sets, dressers, mirrors, nightstands to make your bedroom a place of mental and physical relaxation.
Choose from our flexible 3, 6, and 12 month financing options, BE APPROVED IN JUST MINUTES and pay zero dollars upfront! OR another option is to place your items on our layaway plan, where you would leave a deposit and simply make payments every 2 weeks in the amount that YOU feel comfortable! With NO storage fees, as items are paid for in full, you take them home or opt for our same day delivery service and have your furniture brought to you.
Remember that Surplus Furniture & Mattress is your ONE STOP SHOP for Fashion Forward, Factory Direct, Discount Furniture! We have many locations across Canada, fully equipped and able to tend to your home furnishing needs. We hope to see you soon!
In today’s budget conscience society, most people are trying to find the best quality furniture, for the least amount of money. Having shopped the competition on many occasions, I have found that at many retailers you need to wait for the “big sale”, “VIP days” or “employee pricing events” to get the price you want for the quality you expect.
In my travels I have found Surplus Furniture and Mattress Warehouse to be different from the rest. They have good quality furniture at great prices! To save money at Surplus, you don’t have to wait for the “big sale”. Their prices are always the lowest price they can offer. Some of their prices are so low that the sale price of their competitors are still higher than their everyday price! Surplus Furniture's flyers always contain extra savings and on many occasions they offer bundle solutions, thus making it easier to decide on the entire package to fill a room!
Another great benefit to shopping at Surplus is their ability to send you home with the product you want the same day! They stock most items at all times, offer a wide selection of living room, dining room, bedroom furniture, and of course mattresses. So if you do need something right away, you have multiple options based on what they have in stock.
All of their products are on display and the staff encourage you to try them out. They even offered to turn the lights off when I was trying a mattress, so I could get the full experience (I don’t think they were serious, but I am sure they would have if I had accepted the offer!)
Here is a Top of the Line Serta Mattress that is available for you through Surplus! A good nights sleep starts with the perfect mattress! So stop overpaying on quality mattress sets and start saving at Surplus Furniture and Mattress Warehouse! Check out the latest Hotel Collection from SERTA exclusively at Surplus Furniture and Mattress Warehouse. The Hotel Collection from SERTA is the pinnacle of quality and comfort with foam encased coils. All SERTA mattress sets are brand new in the original factory packaging. All in stock SERTA mattress sets are ready for immediate same day delivery! So regardless of your budget, you can save on quality mattress sets at Surplus Furniture and Mattress Warehouse.
For those on an extremely tight budget they have a clearance section within their store which contains clearance, damaged, display models, etc. That are being blown out at even BETTER PRICES than their regular stock!
- Surplus Staff Member