Rules & Regulations
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA (OTHER THAN RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Surplus Furniture Email contest ("Contest”) is a daily draw contest that begins on June 11, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 5 p.m. at the location of a Surplus Furniture Store near you.
- SPONSOR: Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Ontario Canada (other than residents of Quebec) who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence by the end of the Contest Period, except for employees (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and Regulations (“Rules”) and the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor. These Rules can be found on the Sponsor’s website at https://www.surplusfurniture.com/In-Store-Free-Furniture-Contest (“Website”).
- HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to obtain an Official Contest Entry Form ("Entry Form”) during the Contest Period, which are:
- Purchase merchandise at a Store during the Contest Period and have such merchandise picked up or delivered prior to the end of the Contest Period.
- Complete the payment of your layaway account for merchandise at a Store during the Contest Period and have such merchandise picked up or delivered prior to the end of the Contest Period.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Visit a Store during the Contest Period and complete the Entry Form.
The Entry Form requires you to: (i) enter your first name, last name, postal code, valid email address and telephone number; and (ii) signify that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Rules. Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information, hand the Entry Form to an Associate at the Store ("Entry"). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. All eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period will be entered into the random prize draw with one draw per Store.
- ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one Entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor, using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor, that any person has attempted to: (a) submit more than one Entry; (b) use multiple names, identities, email addresses; and/or (c) use any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest, then such person may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries, all of which are void. Facsimiles and/or photocopies of Entry Forms will not be accepted.
- VERIFICATION OF ENTRY: All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification: (a) for the purposes of verifying an individual's eligibility to participate in this Contest; (b) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered, or purportedly entered, for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (c) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- THE PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one prize ("Prize") per Ontario store location available to be won each day during the 3 Days of Giving, consisting of a randomly selected accessory item having an approximate retail value of $98. The Prize does not include delivery charges, which will be the responsibility of the winner of the Prize. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual retail value of the Prize at the time of prize fulfillment and the approximate retail value of the Prize be awarded. For the avoidance of any doubt, the Prize consists of the furniture available in stock at the time of prize fulfillment and not the actual value of the furniture. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply: (a) the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) no substitutions except at Sponsor's option; (c) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute the Prize for any reason with a prize of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor's sole discretion, a cash award; (d) colour and other specifics of the Prize will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor and subject to availability in stock; (e) the winner will be notified via email and is required to respond and validate the acceptance of the prize within 48 hours of their email program receiving the email, upon notification the winner will be personally responsible to arrange for pickup and delivery of the Prize from the designated Surplus Furniture store location to his/her place of residence within 30 days of being notified of winning the Prize; (f) the Prize will not be released until the confirmed Prize winner presents adequate personal identification in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification; (g) confirmed Prize winner is solely responsible for all expenses that are not included in the Prize description above, including, but not limited to, cost of having the Prize picked up and delivered to his/her place of residence. Each Prize will only be awarded to the eligible entrant whose verifiable full name and valid e-mail address appears on the Entry Form.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: After the end of each day, during the 3 Day Contest Period, one winner will be selected at random at the designated store location from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three attempts to contact the selected entrant, using the information provided on the Entry Form, within 5 business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within 5 business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable then the selected entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, in which case the foregoing provisions of this section 9 shall apply to such newly selected entrant.
- WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS: BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means or by telephone; and (b) sign and return within 10 business days of notification the Sponsor's release form, which among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize, as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept or is unwilling to accept the Prize, as awarded, for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize. Furthermore the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, in which case the foregoing provisions of this section 10 shall apply to such newly selected entrant.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrants or any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest or to amend these Rules in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative or other error of any kind or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to the Entry Form, Website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.